What is the world’s best therapy?
Have you ever felt the need to go on a random walk? It has been my favourite thing to do when stressed out. Somehow walking makes me feel like I can breathe and the world is slowly turning. It give me enough time to think things through. When I go for a walk, I always end up having clearer thoughts.
Here are the Benefits of Walking according to Mayo Clinic
- Helps lower bad cholesterol (LDL)
- Helps increase good cholesterol (HDL)
- Lowers your blood pressure
- Reduces risk of (or helps manage) type 2 diabetes
- Helps manage your weight
- Improves your mood
- Helps you stay strong and fit
- Regular brisk walking reduces the risk of heart attack by the same amount as much more vigorous exercise, such as jogging.
I did this random walk recently right after watching Before Midnight simply because I felt like I needed to have some fresh air. I usually walk for more than 30 mins and the distance varies. I usually walk from MRT Buendia through Ayala Triangle then to Gil Puyat Ave.I recently went for a random walk around Bonifacio Global City. I got off at Market Market then walked through Bonifacio High Street. Next I headed to Burgos Circle and then finally to Blenz Coffee where I had a good tall cup of Matcha green tea. After my 1 hour tea time, I walked near the Mind Museum. I wanted to continue walking home to Buendia but it was quite late and I feared being mugged again.
Do you also go on random walks? Is walking also your favorite form of therapy?